Weleda Skin Food wins Classic Product of the Year!
Weleda are celebrating a very special cherry on the icing of their Skin Food 90th Birthday cake this week: this iconic beauty balm won CLASSIC PRODUCT OF THE YEAR at The Beauty Awards 2016!
Weleda Skin Food was up against some major beauty brands for this particular award including Elizabeth Arden, Urban Decay, Bare Minerals, Guerlain, Palmers, Seven Seas and Bio Oil.
The Beauty Awards teamed up with OK! Magazine to open the vote to the public. The Awards shortlist was published both in Beauty Magazine and OK! Magazine in the run up to the awards, attracting over 250,000 votes from beauty retailers and OK! readers. The partnership with OK! also elevated The Beauty Awards Gala to the most prestigious date in the beauty retail calendar, at London’s historic Banqueting House, with a liberal sprinkling of celebrity sparkle.
The awards were presented by Ferne McCann (from reality tv show The Only Way is Essex). The star studded event brought together brands, retailers, beauty journalists, bloggers, vloggers and celebrities to recognize the most successful beauty launches of the past 12 months. Well known media faces included Carol Smillie, Melinda Messenger, Vanessa Feltz, Hollyoaks actress Stephanie Davis, Eastenders actress Jacqueline Jossa, Great British Bake-Off winner Candice Brown and many other reality tv stars.
Samples of Weleda Skin Food were included in the special gift bags presented to guests at the Gala Awards evening, much to everyone’s delight.
In addition to press coverage in the forthcoming issue of Beauty Magazine and beauty-magazine.co.uk, as a winner Weleda Skin Food will also be featured in OK! magazine in the New Year, reaching a monthly audience of over 6.5 million readers across print and online.
Weleda’s managing director Jayn Sterland was thrilled with the new accolade:
“What a fabulous way to round off a full year of celebrations, to mark the 90th anniversary of Weleda Skin Food! First introduced in 1926, over the decades our top selling skincare product has become a true beauty classic. It is exciting that this award was voted for not just by retailers but also by OK! readers, as it’s clear that so many have discovered the benefits of natural skincare. Classic Product of the Year is a powerful award to have won, and after ‘90 years not out’ we are really excited for the future of Weleda Skin Food!”
Skin Food Success Story
- Introduced in 1926, today Skin Food is Weleda’s No.1 skincare product in the UK.
- A pack of Skin Food is sold every 30 seconds.
- Skin Food has won 30 awards since 2008 in the UK alone!
- There are 3 sizes of Weleda Skin Food, reflecting the demand for this multi-tasking product.
- The original 75ml pack has been around for decades.
- The 30ml tube was initially introduced in the UK in 2009 as a limited edition size but proved so successful it is here to stay.
- In the year it was introduced, UK Skin Food sales increased by 26%.
- The 10ml mini size was introduced for sampling in 2012 but proved so popular for use in-flight it is now available to buy.
- Skin Food is available in over 4000 outlets in the UK.
- The ingredients are authentically natural (NATRUE certified).