Jayn Sterland is the managing director of Weleda UK and No1 in 2023's ‘Who’s Who of Natural Beauty’. This is the eleventh year that Jayn has appeared in the Top 25, and her seventh time in the No.1 spot!
In 2020 Jayn was appointed to the Advisory Board of the British Beauty Council, and in 2021 became Chair of the Council’s Sustainable Beauty Coalition. In 2022 Jayn joined the board of the global B Corp Beauty Coalition, a collaboration of B Corp certified beauty brands and businesses. That same year, Jayn was presented with an Outstanding Achievement Award at NOPEX for her tireless efforts championing sustainable business practices and driving change for a more planet-positive future. In 2023 Jayn was appointed ESG Pillar President for the British Beauty Council. She was also recently recognised in the CEO Today Business Women of the Year Awards as one of 100 inspirational female business leaders around the globe, and received an award for Outstanding Leadership for Health & Wellbeing Company of the Year, in the CEO Today Awards. For over a decade Jayn has ploughed her energy into Weleda, helping to drive the beauty industry towards social and environmental responsibility and more sustainable business practices – a mission she continues as a public speaker and columnist.
What is Jayn's Weleda story?
Jayn joined Weleda in 2008 seeking to rebalance her life. On a quest to find something more meaningful, after a hectic career in the unsustainable world of fashion, Jayn found what she was looking for in Weleda, the global leader in sustainable cosmetics and phyto-medicine, which she calls simply, a ‘philosophy for living.’ Jayn also discovered - in the Weleda archive - Skin Food. Originally created in 1926, Skin Food has become a best-selling, multi award-winning cult classic loved by everyone.
In her spare time, Jayn tries to balance her personal life alongside those of her two sons, Bella the dog, all whilst supporting her husband with his craft-brewery, although as she says most of the help is in tasting!
Jayn speaks regularly at national and global events about 'sustainable beauty' and the need for the beauty industry to clean up its act when it comes to greenwashing and the use of harmful chemicals within products. See below to keep track of her appearances in the media:
Jayn's upcoming talks and events:
- What: Lean into Clean on UK Health Radio
- When: 30th October
- Time: 1pm-2pm
- What: 'Beauty of Sustainability' panel discussion
- When: 17th & 18th June 2023
- Where: Daylesford Organic Summer Festival, Moreton-in-Marsh, Kingham, GL56 0YG
- What: Panel discussion on "Claims & Consumers: Communicating Clean Beauty"
- When: 11:00am Tuesday 18 April 2023
- Where: The Clean Beauty in London show, The Brewery, 52 Chiswell Street, London EC1Y 4SA
Read Jayn's Blog:
- Friday 20 May 2022 - On World Bee Day, Jayn highlights the importance of bees, why their future is at stake, and what's being done in the natural beauty industry to address this.
- Friday 22 April 2022 - To mark Earth Day, Jayn explains why soil is our planet's hero and how Weleda are fighting to save it with the launch of our Save Earth's Skin campaign.
- Friday 11 March 2022 - Jayn reflects on the strength of women both past and present in the wake of International Women's Day.
- Tuesday 14 February 2023 - The Perfect Pair: Q&A with Jayn Sterland and Amanda Williams on leadership in the ethical brand space
Jayn in the media:
- MyGreenPod - September 2023 - Taking Organic Beauty Mainstream
- Management Today January 2023 - In Conversation With… The managing director of Weleda UK
- Health Food Business Magazine November 2022 - The Grafter - Jayn Sterland p60
- Leading By Nature Podcast October 2022 - Giles Hutchins interviews Jayn Sterland
- Global Cosmetics News September 2022 - FuTure Proof: Wellness & Beauty podcast
- Natural Pharmacy Business June/July 2022 - The Grafter - Jayn Sterland p38-39
- My Green Pod April 2022 - The Sustainable Beauty Champion
- Scratch Magazine April 2022 - Sustainable Beauty Coalition chair scoops Outstanding Achievement Award
- My Green Pod March 2022 - Weleda joins the B Corp Beauty Coalition set to drive change in the beauty industry
- BBC March 2022 - Inside the ethical beauty boom
- Scratch Magazine March 2022 - Here's how the beauty sector is taking steps to become more sustainable
- NATRUE March 2022 - Women behind the NATRUE founding brands
- Beauty Magazine February 2022 - Weleda joins B Corp Beauty Coalition
- Natural Products News February 2022 - B Corp Beauty Coalition welcomes Weleda
- Professional Beauty February 2022 - Step into Sustainability Q&A
- Beauty Matter January 2022 - Weleda: Celebrating a centenary of building health and beauty from the ground up
- Top Santé October 2020 - A word with Jayn Sterland