Jayn Sterland is the managing director of Weleda UK and No1 of the ‘The Who’s Who of Natural Beauty’ for the last four years. Jayn has made it her mission to clean up the beauty industry, eliminate greenwashing and to encourage the industry to be more socially responsible for what goes on the shelf.
Update: We're excited to announce that the British Beauty Council has appointed Jayn to its advisory board! Read more »
Jayn joined Weleda 12 years ago seeking to rebalance her life. On a quest to find something more meaningful, after a hectic career in the unsustainable world of fashion, Jayn found what she was looking for in Weleda, the global leader in sustainable cosmetics and phyto-medicine, which she calls simply, a ‘philosophy for living.’
Jayn also discovered in the Weleda archive, Skin Food - originally created in 1926, Skin Food has become a best-selling, award-winning cult classic loved by everyone.
In her spare time, Jayn tries to balance her personal life alongside those of her two sons, Bella the dog, all whilst supporting her husband with his craft-brewery, although as she says most of the help is in tasting!
Jayn speaks regularly at national and global events about 'cleaner beauty' and the need for the beauty industry to clean up its act when it comes to greenwashing and the use of harmful chemicals within products.
Dates for talks in 2020:
- 1st February - Edinburgh Wellbeing Festival.
- 9th March - International Women's Day and Networking Meeing, WF16 0PN.
- 20th April - Natural Organic Products Europe, ExCel, London.
- 31st October - Resurgence Festival of Wellbeing
- 12th September - London Beauty Week: Sustainability is Not a Slogan
The Shop At Bluebird, 29 Floral Street, London WC2E 9DP at 5.30pm.
- 4th August - Valley Fest: Clean Beauty Panel What does clean beauty really mean?
- 8th April - Natural Organic Products Europe Show
- 20th March - WEN Forum presents: Generation plastic - Toxic chemicals in plastics, what’s the problem?
- 6th December - FuturePlanet Presents: The P.E.A. Awards 'The People Powering Spirited Business' - Shoreditch London
- 25th September 2018 - Rudolf Steiner Memorial Lecture - Bath Literary and Scientific Institution BA1 2HN
Read more about Jayn
- British Beauty Council appoints Jayn Sterland, Managing Director Weleda UK, to its advisory board
- MyGreenPod - Weleda’s Jayn Sterland holds no1 spot for the fourth consecutive year in UK ‘Who’s Who in Natural Beauty’
- Jayn Sterland at No1 four years running
- Natural Beauty - Overshoot Day 2018
- Ethical Consumer - Spotlight: Weleda
- Better Retailing - An industry in crisis
- You Magazine: Clean Beauty
- MyGreenPod - Weleda's Jayn Sterland still at the top