Jayn Sterland is the managing director of Weleda UK and No1 in 2021's ‘Who’s Who of Natural Beauty’ . This is the ninth year that Jayn has appeared in the Top 25 since 2013, and her fourth time at No.1.
In 2020 Jayn was appointed to the Advisory Board of the British Beauty Council, and became Chair of the Council’s Sustainable Beauty Coalition in 2021. So far in 2022 Jayn has been appointed to represent Weleda on the board of the new B Corp Beauty Coalition.
Jayn has made it her mission to clean up the beauty industry, eliminate greenwashing and to encourage the industry to be more socially responsible for what goes on the shelf.
Update: Jayn Sterland receives the Outstanding Achievement Award at the Natural and Organic Products Europe (NOPEX) 2022 Beauty Awards. Congratulations, Jayn! Read more »
Jayn joined Weleda in 2008 seeking to rebalance her life. On a quest to find something more meaningful, after a hectic career in the unsustainable world of fashion, Jayn found what she was looking for in Weleda, the global leader in sustainable cosmetics and phyto-medicine, which she calls simply, a ‘philosophy for living.’
Jayn also discovered - in the Weleda archive - Skin Food. Originally created in 1926, Skin Food has become a best-selling, multi award-winning cult classic loved by everyone..
In her spare time, Jayn tries to balance her personal life alongside those of her two sons, Bella the dog, all whilst supporting her husband with his craft-brewery, although as she says most of the help is in tasting!Jayn speaks regularly at national and global events about 'cleaner beauty' and the need for the beauty industry to clean up its act when it comes to greenwashing and the use of harmful chemicals within products. See below to keep track of her upcoming talks and appearances in the media:
Read Jayn's Blog:
- Friday 20th May 2022 - On World Bee Day, Jayn highlights the importance of bees, why their future is at stake, and what's being done in the natural beauty industry to address this.
- Friday 22nd April 2022 - To mark Earth Day, Jayn explains why soil is our planet's hero and how Weleda are fighting to save it with the launch of our Save Earth's Skin campaign.
- Friday 11th March 2022 - Jayn reflects on the strength of women both past and present in the wake of International Women's Day.
Jayn in the media:
- Natural Pharmacy Business June/July 2022 - The Grafter - Jayn Sterland p38-39
- My Green Pod April 2022 - The Sustainable Beauty Champion
- Scratch Magazine April 2022 - Sustainable Beauty Coalition chair scoops Outstanding Achievement Award
- My Green Pod March 2022 - Weleda joins the B Corp Beauty Coalition set to drive change in the beauty industry
- BBC March 2022 - Inside the ethical beauty boom
- Scratch Magazine March 2022 - Here's how the beauty sector is taking steps to become more sustainable
- NATRUE March 2022 - Women behind the NATRUE founding brands
- Beauty Magazine February 2022 - Weleda joins B Corp Beauty Coalition
- Natural Products News February 2022 - B Corp Beauty Coalition welcomes Weleda
- Professional Beauty February 2022 - Step into Sustainability Q&A
- Beauty Matter January 2022 - Weleda: Celebrating a centenary of building health and beauty from the ground up
- Derbyshire Life December 2020 - Jayn Sterland
- Reforest Our Future October 2020 - Watch Jayn speak on Treesisters' panel of experts
- Top Santé October 2020 - A word with Jayn Sterland