Make someone's day today - Random Act of Kindness Day
Kindness makes the world a better place. When we do something for someone else without expecting anything in return it makes people happy.
The happier people are in the world, the more the world will be a more joyful place to live. Even if you think you have very little to offer, it doesn’t matter, it’s purely the act of kindness that is important. What you may think is small or not very important can mean everything to someone else.
We can’t rely on others to make the world a better place. Each one of us must do our ‘bit’ and play our part. The littlest thing may just be what someone needs, a smile, a note of encouragement. It may seem like nothing to you, but it may mean the world to someone else.
The easiest and quickest way to feel better about yourself is to do something for others, no matter how small it is. Not only are you improving your own health, but you are also ‘paying it forward’ (maybe for a time when you need a little bit of help yourself). If you feel great about what you’re doing, just think about the person receiving the random act of kindness! And when you think about them, think about how much more awesome that feels for you.
Here are 20 simple acts of kindness that you could try today:
- Call a friend that you haven’t spoken to for a while
- Send flowers to a friend
- Offer to pick up some groceries for your elderly neighbour
- Offer to babysit for a friend
- Tell your family members how much you love and appreciate them
- Make someone laugh
- Offer to cook for a friend or family member
- Make a cup of tea for a friend or family member
- Help with a household chore at home or for a friend
- Tell someone you know that you are proud of them
- Engage in conversation with a shop assistant when paying at the till
- Sign up to do voluntary work in your local community
- Have a clear out and take items to a charity shop
- Make and send a care package to someone who needs it
- If it’s raining – lend someone your umbrella
- Let someone jump the queue at the supermarket
- Take a minute to help someone who is lost
- Pick up some rubbish lying around in the street
- Smile and say hello to people you may pass every day, but have never spoken to before
- Pop into a coffee shop and ask to pay for a coffee for them to give to someone later that day for free