Terms and Conditions
Where to find information about us and our productsYou can find everything you need to know about us, Weleda (U.K.) Limited, and our products on our website or from our sales staff before you order. We also confirm the key information to you in writing after you order, either by email, in your online account or on paper.
When you buy from us you are agreeing that:
- We only accept orders when we’ve checked them;
- Sometimes we reject orders;
- We charge you for the products when you order;
- We pass on increases in VAT;
- We’re not responsible for delays outside our reasonable control;
- Products can vary slightly from their pictures;
- We charge you if you don’t give us information we need;
- If you are a consumer and you bought products online, by email or over the telephone, you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days;
- You have rights if there is something wrong with the product(s) you have ordered;
- We can change products and these terms;
- We can end our contract with you;
- We don’t compensate you for all losses caused by us or our products;
- We use your personal data as set out in our privacy notice;
- Other important terms apply to our contract.
We only accept orders when we've checked themWe contact you to confirm we've received your order and then we contact you again to confirm we've accepted it. Our nominated courier will contact you when the product(s) you have ordered have been dispatched.
Sometimes we reject ordersSometimes we reject orders, for example, because a product is unexpectedly out of stock and you do not wish to wait for more stock to arrive, because a credit reference we have obtained is unsatisfactory, because there is a problem with the authorisation of your payment, because you are located outside the UK, because a specification you have provided is unsuitable or because the product was mispriced by us. When this happens, we let you know as soon as possible and refund any sums you have paid.
We charge you when you orderYou will own the product(s) once we have received payment in full. Products will be your responsibility from the time they are delivered to the address you gave for delivery or from the time you collect them from us, as the case may be.
The price of the productsIf you have ordered products online, the price of the products (which includes VAT and excludes delivery costs) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. Otherwise, the price of the products (which includes VAT and excludes delivery costs unless otherwise stated) will be the price as communicated to you in-store, over the telephone or in the course of our email exchanges.
Payment methodsFor online orders, we accept payment by PayPal, Visa and Mastercard credit card or debit card. The payment methods available online from time to time are shown on our website. For offline orders, we accept payment by bank transfer, PayPal, Visa and Mastercard credit card or debit card save that in-store purchases must be paid for by credit card or debit card. Whether placing an order online or offline, you must pay for the products when you place your order.
By using a credit/debit card to pay for your order, you confirm that the card being used is yours. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment we will not accept your order and we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery and we are not obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal. We are not responsible for your card issuer or bank charging you as a result of our processing of your credit/debit card payment in accordance with your order.
We pass on increases in VATIf the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
We're not responsible for delays outside our reasonable controlIf our supply of a product is delayed by an event outside our reasonable control, we’ll contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to reduce the delay. As long as we do this, we won't compensate you for the delay, but if the delay is likely to be substantial you can contact our Customer Service Team by telephone on 0115 9448200, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for in advance, but not received, less reasonable costs we have already incurred.
Shelf lifeAll products will have a minimum shelf life of 3 months from the date of dispatch or from the date you collect them from us (as the case may be).
Products can vary slightly from their picturesA product's true colour may not exactly match that shown on your device or in our marketing materials or its packaging may be slightly different.
Free samplesIf we agree to provide free samples, they can only be supplied and delivered to residents within England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Promotion codesWe may from time to time make available promotional codes but this is at our discretion and we can withdraw or modify them at any time. Only one promotion code can be used per person per order. A promotion code cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. There is no cash value to any promotional code. If you are using a gift certificate as part of your payment then you must submit any promotion code you also wish to use first, so you have your final balance before using the gift certificate.
Website imagesYou may not reproduce the images on our website without our express written permission.
Cost of deliveryThe cost of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website if you have ordered products online for delivery to an address in the United Kingdom. Otherwise for orders placed offline (including international orders which must be placed offline), the costs of delivery will be as communicated to you in-store, over the telephone or in the course of our email exchanges.
CollectionIf we have agreed that you may collect the products, we will let you know when they are ready for collection and where you may collect them from.
Timing of delivery/collectionWe (or our nominated courier) will contact you with an estimated delivery/collection date when we accept your order.
Changing delivery dates/timesIf you wish to change a pre-agreed delivery/collection date you must give us 72 hours’ notice. You will be required to pay our costs in connection with such a request including storage and re-delivery costs.
If you are a consumer and you bought products online, by email or over the telephone, you have a legal right to change your mind
Your legal right to change your mindFor most products bought online, by email or over the telephone, you have a legal right to change your mind about your purchase and receive a refund of what you paid for it, including the delivery costs. This is subject to some conditions, as set out below.
When you can't change your mindYou can't change your mind about an order for:
- Products that are made to your specifications or which are clearly personalised; and
- Products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
The deadline for changing your mindIf you change your mind about a product you must let us know no later than 14 days after the day we deliver the product. If the products are split into several deliveries over different days, the period runs from the day after the last delivery.
How to let us knowTo let us know you want to change your mind, contact our Customer Service Team by telephone on 0115 9448200 or by email to email@example.com
You have to return the product(s) at your own cost unless we agree otherwiseYou have to return the product(s) to us within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind. Returns are at your own cost unless we agree otherwise. You can:
- Bring the product to us with our prior agreement. To arrange this, you can contact our Customer Service Team by telephone on 0115 9448200 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need your email receipt and the card you paid with.
- Send the product(s) back to us using an established delivery service. If you do this you should keep a receipt or other evidence from the delivery service that proves you have sent it and when you sent it. If you don’t do this and we don’t receive the products at all or within a reasonable time we won't refund you the price.
We only refund standard delivery costsWe don't refund any extra you have paid for express delivery or nominated day delivery
We reduce your refund if you have used or damaged a productIf you handle the product(s) in a way which would not be acceptable in a store, we reduce your refund, to compensate us for its reduced value. For example, we reduce your refund if the product's condition is not "as new" e.g. the product-branded packaging is damaged or accessories are missing. In some cases, because of the way you have treated the product, no refund may be due. Our Customer Service Team can advise you on whether we're likely to reduce your refund.
When and how we refund youWe’ll refund you as soon as possible and within 14 days of receiving the products back from you (or receiving evidence you've sent them to us). We refund you by the method you used for payment. We don't charge a fee for the refund.
You have rights if there is something wrong with the product
Return the product to usIf you think there is something wrong with the product, please contact our Customer Service Team by telephone on 0115 9448200 or by email to email@example.com
Your rights and remediesWe honour our legal duty to provide you with products that are as described to you and that meet all the requirements imposed by law.
We can change products and these terms
Changes we can always makeWe can always change a product:
- To reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- To make minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. These are changes that don't affect your use of the product.
We can end our contract with youWe can end our contract with you and claim any compensation due to us if:
- You don't make any payment to us when it's due and you still don't make payment within 7 days of our reminding you that payment is due;
- You don't, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information access that we need to provide the product; or
- You don't, within a reasonable time, either allow us to deliver the product to you or collect it from us.
We don't compensate you for all losses caused by us or our productsWe're responsible for losses you suffer caused by us breaking this contract unless the loss is:
- Unexpected. It was not obvious that it would happen and nothing you said to us before we accepted your order meant we should have expected it (so, in the law, the loss was unforeseeable).
- Caused by a delaying event outside our reasonable control. As long as we have taken the steps set out in the section “We're not responsible for delays outside our reasonable control” (above).
- Avoidable. Something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action.
- A business loss. Our liability for any loss you suffer in connection with your trade, business, craft or profession is limited, as described in our business-to-business terms and conditions of sale, a copy of which can be found here: www.weleda.co.uk/termsbusiness