Take a relaxing bathA bath meditation can be spiritually and physically uplifting, so take 15 minutes, lock the bathroom door and concentrate on nothing but soaking stress away.
01 December 2017
Mindfulness and gratitude are definitely components of a hygge mentality, and they dovetail nicely with many people’s goals of having a regular meditation practice.
Not all meditations require rigour, focus and concentration.You can get the benefits of meditation while you relax your body totally, too. One soothing method is to meditate in the bath, combining the benefits of meditation with the therapeutic effects of soothing, fragrant, hot water. Relax your tired muscles and let yourself escape from stress.
- Make time: Set aside at least 15 minutes where you won’t be interrupted. That means finishing off urgent jobs, putting the phone straight to voicemail, telling others in your household not to disturb you unless it’s an emergency, even locking the door if you think people won’t take your need for privacy seriously.
- Use a Weleda bath milk: as you run the bath, you could benefit from natural aromatherapy by adding a few capfuls of a natural organic milk bath. Choose relaxing Lavender or Citrus if you want to feel more alert. The scent should be one you really like, as studies show that the more you like it, the greater will be the stress relief benefits.
- Get in and relax: Take the time to feel your breathing become slower and deeper, allowing your belly to rise and fall – this type of breathing is more natural, and can help turn off your stress response.
- Focus on feeling: What sensations do you feel in your body? Notice the warmth of the water, the press of the bath against your back, your hands gently floating in water. Let go of all other thoughts. Try to keep your mind quiet and your attention focused on only the present moment.
- Stay in the present: If you find your thoughts wandering, chattering or tugging you towards worries, gently redirect your attention to the present moment. Continue for as long as you feel comfortable, and let yourself be soothed and relaxed before you get out and dry yourself.
Great tipIf you’re new to mindfulness, you may want to try this for 5 or 10 minutes at first, and work your way up to 15 minutes.
Add some gentle music - its also great for stress relief.
Don't try this if you're too tired - you don't want to fall asleep in the bath!
Rosemary Invigorating Bath Milk 200ml
Item No. 104009
Citrus Refreshing Bath Milk 200ml
Item No. 104005
Lavender Relaxing Bath Milk 200ml
Item No. 104007
Pine Reviving Bath Milk 200ml
Item No. 104008
£14.95 Out of stock
Arnica Muscle Soak 200ml
Item No. 104017
Wild Rose Cream Bath 100ml
Item No. 104034